New Year, time to fill up the wardrobe
If anyone dares to order this stuff in my sizes before I get my Visa, they are going to regret it. REALLY regret it.
When taking advantage of all the amazing items on sale right now, I try to ask myself these questions:
- Are you sure you will be able to use it beyond this season? Either spend money on classic items one always needs in her wardrobe, or very special items you know you will love no matter how the trends turn. And make sure you have the guts to do it before splurging one those sequinned skinnies.
- Do not buy an item because it’s really cheap if it a) is the wrong size (unless you’re going for the oversized look) b) will not go with anything in your wardrobe c) is actually plain ugly or horrible quality. You will only waste your money.
- If ordering online, especially from stores you don’t have in your homecountry, take your measurement ten times before ordering. Returning the item would be a mess.
- Check the customs charges in your country. Those designer pumps you ordered from the States might end up costing more than they would if you had bought them in your homecountry.
- Hurry up, because the really awesome stuff will be sold out quickly. You’re not the only person with above average intellect, although it may seem the way sometimes.
PS: I realise that most of my wish list is hardly classic and timeless. To my defence, I have bought about a suitcase-full of wardrobe staples during the last two weeks.
PPS: I also realise that my blog is crap without outfit pics. The truth is that a) I forgot my camera when going home, and everyone knows that no outfit pictures is better than crappy mobile phone pics and b) I have been lounging around in pajamas most of the times anyways. I promise I will make more outfit photos as soon as I’m back in Germany.