Accessories can like, make an outfit go from blah to wow.. Or something.
As much as I hate style advice given by mediocre, celebrity-focused womens magazines and sexually frustrated mid-life-crisis women who advocate looking “stylish and fabulous” in bootcut jeans and A-line skirts (Hides your fat butt? Possibly. Deathly boring? Definetely. I much rather enjoy seeing a fifty year old lady who has stuck to the biker punk style of her youth AND has an awesome taste in music!), I love accessories, so this is one tip I reluctantly agree with.
Wow, that was one long sentence up there.
Dyreberg&Kern bangle, Studded cuffs from an awesome alternative store in Göttingen, also where I bought all three pairs of my Docs, it’s called Supernova, and a skinny studded bracelet from Bijou Brigitte, Pilgrim watch, Leaf/feather/something earrings from David Audrey, and Buddha earrings from Excel, giant cuff from Urban Outfitters, Hultquist pendant (consider getting a chunky, longer chain for this one to replace the leather straps), David Audrey fish necklace. Sunnies from Chanel and Ray Ban.
Some conclusions from looking at the small part of my jewelery and sunnies collection. The stuff that came with me from Göttingen to Oslo. Basically the newest or the pricier pieces.
- Jewelery makes for great decoration, together with some small figurines I keep getting for christmas from “almost relatives”. I know they’re buying them at the toy shelf in the local supermarket, but it’s the thought that counts, right?
- I’d go against the general trend, and say I love gold (and bronze and copper) more than silver. It just looks a lot better on me, might be due to the pale skin and strawberry blonde hair (I will eat my entire shoe collection before calling my hair “red”). Silver is great too though, especially on vintage pieces.
- I’m addicted to spikes, huge cuffs and large earrings. On the contrary, I seem to be going for the smaller, daintier necklaces after the heavy multichain overload of the winter season. Possibly because I haven’t managed to find the statement necklaces I quite loved in the somewhat reasonable price range.
- I love round sunnies, although I really wanted the two-tone Chanel pair. I ended up with my tortoise pair instead. Oh and I’ll never give up on the Ray Ban style.
- The one thing you should NEVER do while being bored is to decide to trim your hair to make it look more like the straight bob your trying to grow it out into. I ended up with some resemblance of the Eton cut Agyness sported last fall.. Exept not as rad.