How to dress stylishly when you have no clothes
Urban Outfitters oversized assymetric tank, layered over a Gina Tricot leotard, old leggings, H&M Blazer, H&M overknees scrunched at the ancles, Doc Martens, DIY beanie, Mulberry scarf, Iris Horbach bag, Bangle on my right hand is by Dyreberg&Kern, the studded cuff on my left hand is by Supernova in Göttingen, Pilgrim watch and David Aubrey earrings.
Obviously, there is always the “naked” option, however, it doesn’t work too well in the current weather. Soo..
- One is to wake up at noon, because one hates mornings. You know, how sleep is totally the time one is most creative or something.
- Realise you have to meet a friend in two hours. Also realise you have nothing to wear. Curse.
- Consider wearing your PJ’s and just putting your Valentino coat and favourite booties on to glam it up. Look out of your window, and decide that you don’t want to ruin a 600 Euro coat just yet. Realise you have to build an outfit around.. wearing.. Docs. AGAIN.
- Get it into your head that you want to wear leggings. You haven’t brought any leggings with you. In fact, you only have five tops, three pairs of pants and a skirt to live on for the rest of the month. Curse again.
- Remember that you have a pair of stretched out spandex leggings hidden away somewhere in your closet. Go on to search through your closet, throwing all of your stuff on the floor, and uttering phrases a young lady never should be heard saying. Find nothing other than your old clothes from middle school. Say: “WTF was I thinking?!”
- Find the leggings in an underwear drawer. Call the idiot who has put them there every name possible. I mean, everyone knows that leggings are not underwear, but in fact a substitute for pants. Say it with me: “Leggings are pants!”
- While you were bombing your closet to pieces, you have probably also found a pair of overknee socks you thought you lost on your trip in the UK a year ago. Scrunch them over your leggings. On an overaccessorizing spree, pile ten different bangles on your dainty wrists.
- Head to your moms room in search of that oversized black shawl you remember her owning. Find out she too, has decided to wear it that day. Take her most expencive scarf as a revenge, planning to accidentally spill some coffee on it later. Ask yourself why anyone in their right mind, when they first decided to spend some hard earned money on a Mulberry scarf, would ever get it in the ugliest colours the world has ever seen.
- Voila! You look fucking awesome.