Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
OMG, I haven’t blogged in like decades due to lack of internet. So sorry! Here are some random outfit pics.
Dress and headband: H&M, Shoes: Topshop, Earrings (which I broke that night, btw): Gina Tricot
Sequinned skinny jeans: Topshop, Tank: AA, Jacket: New Yorker, Shoes: Din Sko, Random arab scarf
Oh yeah, did I mention I broke up with my boyfriend for another frat boy? That’s just wrong. What’s even more wrong is that my biggest concern right now is on who is going to take my outfit pics from now on.
(Chill out, me and my now ex have agreed upon this, and we’re still good friends. His roommate has gone totally emo though.)
I have no idea why I’m telling you all this.
Shorts: Gina Tricot, Tee: Bik Bok, Boots: Doc Martens, Sunnies: Chanel, Bracelet: H&M
Skirt: Gina Tricot, Tank: Bik Bok, Biker jacket: New Yorker, Shoes: Guess, Bag: Iris Horbach, Stockings: Lindex
Great. During the winter, I complain about having to wear warm, yet ugly clothes, and choose to freeze to death on my way to school. When the time finally comes to wear those denim cut offs and strappy heels I’ve been craving for about half a year, I end up sweating in boots and leather jackets. Go figure. Guess the rock’n’roll winter fashion is too hard for me to let go.
Oh, yeah, and sorry for being a horrible blogger. I moved to a new flat and still have no internet there. Stealing my boyfriend’s net now. Now I just have to decide whether I want to be antisocial and stay in his room reading blogs, or go down and annoy his roommates. Cheers!
Skirt and stockings: Gina Tricot, tank: AA, Bra: Lindex, Jacket: Silence&Noise, Clutch: Bianco, Shoes: DinSko, Earrings and pendant: David Aubrey
Yesterday’s school+friend’s birthday bbq party outfit. The great thing about overdressing is that you don’t have to spend any effort to go from work to party: Just put a little more make up on!
Oh yeah, and I’m moving to my new flat today. My boyfriend’s room is currently overfilled with my furniture, shoes and clothes. I wonder why he hates me…
Never Denim bleached skinny jeans, DIY shredded tank, Nolita biker jacket, Doc Martens, backpack from some leatherware boutique, Ray Ban Wayfarers, Lindex corset bra, Supernova studded cuff
My boyfriend’s best friend insisted I posed with an apple. WTF, did he want me to promote a healthy lifestyle or something? When have I ever been healthy?
Obviously I spit it out as soon as the picture was taken.
Before any smartass insists on pointing it out to me, I do realise this outfit is Rumiesque (another adjective created in the blogosphere). Red combat boots, black leather backpack, bleached jeans and shredded tank. I don’t care, it looks good. Plus the backpack is super comfortable to carry all of my stuff in.
P.S 100 brownie points to the first person who knows the meaning of the title of this post.
P.P.S I’m not wearing something I usually never leave the house without in these pics. Guess what?
Underwear as outerwear is hot, so I’m totally loving the trend of visible bras, whether they’re more of a cropped bustier or the infamous American Apparel tube bras. Kind of the extention of the crop top trend, but the difference is that whereas cropped tops today are usually baggy and “unisex”, this is definitely a very sexy item of clothing. Now, they do have to be done in a manner that is not overly slutty, just that little bit that screams hot, but with a hell of an attitude.
Source: Knight Cat, Lookbook.nu, Style.com
Obviously, the real stylish girls can rock almost everything, but sometimes a gal just needs some guidelines on how to dive into a trend.
1. Wear it with high waisted styles and cover your shoulders. First of all, it instantly tones down the skankiness. Second, if you haven’t been to the gym for a while, it will cover any unsightly belly flab or the not-so-toned upper arms. I’d wear a bra-top with a high waisted skirt or tapered trousers and some jacket.
2. Do make sure you’re not breaking any decency laws. Basically, nothing too sheer, and just to be on the safe side, those nude nipple stickers aren’t such a bad idea.
3. Size does count. I’d say, the breast size limit for sporting this trend would be somewhere around a small C-cup. The larger your breasts, the sluttier they will look when potentially exposed. Sad law of nature.
4. Use common sence. I hate advocating dress codes, and not being able to wear this or that for a certain occasion, but this look is definitely not for office hours with your seventy-year-old mathematics prof. However, totally hot for going out with the girls.
5. When in doubt, layer. It is not sexy to run around in something you’re clearly not comfortable with, so there are safer ways to show off your latest Agent Provocateur purchase. Layer it under a micro-mesh or lace top for a more dressy-goth look (this is obviously more of a fall look, I’d boil wearing a long sleeve lace blouse in the summer), or let it peek out from underneath a baggy tank (shredded is nice). Or layer a bustier over a tank, like Erin Wasson